For the non-matriculating program, all applicants must be North Carolina residents. They must also have completed basic prerequisite courses for medical school including 2 semesters of biology, chemistry and physics.
Priority will be given to:
- Students motivated to pursue a career in medicine or looking to improve their chances of acceptance to medical school.
- College juniors, seniors, or post graduates.
- Permanent resident of North Carolina.
- Students who have satisfactorily completed introductory level courses in biology, chemistry, physics, and organic chemistry.
- Students with evidence of community service and volunteering.
- Students with a cumulative GPA that demonstrates potential for academic success. (2.75 or higher is strongly recommended.)
- Students with reasonable standardized testing success. (SAT, GRE, ACT, MCAT, please note standardized tests are not required for eligibility.)
- Students of minority, disadvantaged, and non-traditional backgrounds. (SPFD is committed to equality of educational opportunity and promotes diversity.)
All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply, and all complete applications will be considered for enrollment.
Eligible applicants are welcome to apply, and all complete applications will be considered for enrollment.